Tuesday, June 06, 2023

Keep it simple already...

Had a last minute business trip to Philly... my old stomping grounds!!  

After a 12 hour trip.. finally land in PHL around 8PM and there's still a 40 minute trip to my actual destination. Was contemplating what to do for dinner... I don't wanna be the guy that shows up at a restaurant 10 minutes before closing... when the kitchen is already cleaned.  So I decide to go to Chipotle... get in / get out.  

Only, the roads are weird and I end up in the wrong lot.  I didn't want to drive back out... so I got lazy and decide to head to Cheesecake Factory to-go.  What I thought would be a late Monday night quickie... turned out to be a 35 minute wait.  And when I got back to the hotel... they got the order wrong!!  

Sigh... shoulda just kept it simple

Then tonight... the first day of a cross country trip where I don't sleep well and wake up early... I skipped lunch and was famished by dinner time.  What to do for dinner???  There's a local sushi place.  A BBQ place.  A taco place. After going through the dozens of options... I end up going to a high end steakhouse hoping to be wowed by the cocktail, sides, and maybe a flame-broiled, oven baked piece of meat.  My heart sank when I saw it come out.  And it sank even further when I tasted it.  My palette is too use to my own steak... where it's hard to wow myself anymore.

Sigh... shoulda kept it simple. 

No comments: