Monday, June 05, 2006

God speaks to me in many ways...

Joycie sends me an email this morning. The subject line is: "Good verse from TWA."
The body of the email is:

From Psalm 127:2 It is in vain that you rise up early and go late to rest, eating the bread of anxious toil; for he gives to his beloved sleep.


I think God is telling Joycie to tell me to stop working so hard.

May finally comes to an end. Ended with another long trip to the East Coast. Ugh... flying is such a pain. I'm thinking it's worth paying the extra $80 to upgrade to first/business class. Unless I can weasel my way into the EXIT ROW seats. Sigh....the price of having long, lanky legs.

This weekend, we attended PNC and Stella's wedding shower. Later that day, I found out that my close friend's grandfather passed away, and my other friends' cousin's body was found underneath the Brooklyn Bridge. Funny how it takes the greatest joy and the greatest sorrow to bring a family together.

On Sunday, a sister came to visit our church. I vaguely remember her when she walked into the sanctuary but wasn't too sure. After worship, Joycie and I introduce (or reintroduce ourselves) and she says, "YEAH!! We met at PCS. We even sat at the same table and had dinner once." WOW!!! Keep in mind, there were about 200 people at PCS. We were at Breakthrough for 5 days. But the fact she remembered not only our face, but that we had ONE meal at the same table together. That just blows me away....completely puts us to shame. hahahahahah

No comments: