Saturday, August 21, 2010

Training: Chase yourself

"Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air." ~1 Cor 9:25-26

On my 5th or 6th mile today... a lady passes me on my left.  She was petite, in her late 20's perhaps.  All of a sudden, I have this new found energy to follow her and keep pace with her.  Poor her...she probably thought I was stalking her.

But that's kinda the trick sometimes...right?  When training... you find someone / something to chase after.  If you're doing it alone... you have no clue how fast, how slow, how hard, how soft you're training.  She made that mile go by so much faster and easier!!

Folks...that's the same way with our walk in Christ.  Have you found yourself walking aimlessly... not knowing who to follow? Are you having trouble following Jesus cuz he's just a bit too far ahead of you.  That's alright...because you're in a fellowship of believers.  People who are like you...but may have a better perception of Jesus.  Find one of those...follow him or her... get your stamina going and pretty soon, you'll see yourself being followed by a bunch of trainees. 

Mood: philosophical

No comments: