Monday, January 25, 2016

I am Cain

Cain - the eldest son of Adam and Eve.  The older brother of Abel and Seth.  The one who committed the first murder in the written history of man.  The motive - jealousy? The background... God did not find favor in his offering.  I am Cain.


Monday night... I am full of jubilance.  I just came from a wonderful Servant Leadership Training course taught by Derrick.  He reminded us that we are all priests and need to bring prayer back to our homes.  I was so encouraged I even went to Sunday Intercession, first time in over 5 years.  Monday morning, I got up a half hour early and did TWA. Monday night... I was determined to have Family Altar time.  And here's where it fell apart.


Instead of true worship with guitar or piano.  I lazily found two songs on Youtube. Instead of finding words / phrases of Praise / Thanksgiving / Declaration.... I had the kids listen to me read from the bible. Instead of giving them a chance to pay full attention...they were restless and wanted to play.


Halfway through our Family Altar time... Joyce scolded Nn for chewing her hair. 
Halfway through our praise and worship time... I take a toy away from Siu Wah... and he starts pouting.


What was suppose to be a wonderful time spent with the Lord... turned out to be a total failure.


You get what you put into it.  Garbage in, garbage out.  We did not put any effort or heart into our worship.  And what came out... was exactly what we put in there. 


So sorry and disappointed in myself....

No comments: