Wednesday, April 27, 2022

0-11

The worst just happened... NN lost her last game of the year.  She was frustrated. I was frustrated. More so her... cuz she's been having a rough week.. which culminated in tears of emotions. Her teammates... her friends.. her coach all tried to console her.  But there's nothing to console.. nothing that CAN console.. other than a "W." 

What really hit it home for me was.... after the game... I get a bunch of texts from {{someone}} on how their daughter's softball team eeked out yet another win.... and will be playing their last games in pursuit of being 1st or 2nd place. Talk about salt in the wounds.  On one hand... I'm ecstatic for them.. but on the other hand... not a good moment. 

The night didn't turn out well.  NN went on a huge rant of how her teammates don't try... how she can't carry a team of lukewarm and content.  Then she goes back to basketball and starts berating her teammates that couldn't even dribble.  Enough.  Enough is enough.  You can wallow in your sorrows... but don't drag down and step on your teammates to make yourself feel better.  As a loving father... I had to put a stop to it.  And it made for an awfully quiet night.

Sports.  You gotta love it.  

Btw... I'm still salty about that come from behind loss to Wash 20+ years ago.  I'm still tearing myself apart from 2 yard line in the Super Bowl XLVII.  I'm still fuming from up 10 in the 4th quarter from Super Bowl LIV.  I'm still livid from 5 run lead with 6 outs in 2002. Those things.. will never, EVER go away. 

No comments: