Sunday, May 26, 2024

Twenty years later...

Twenty years ago... when we weren't married yet... when I still lived in a little apartment... I was invited to Anderson's baptism.  And after that... it set off 20 years at SJCAC.  20 years later... we officially move on.... 

If I were to list out my SJCAC passport:

  • baptism by water
  • baptism by Holy Spirit
  • lead bible study
  • serve in Tutoring ministry
  • serve in ESL ministry
  • serve in VBS
  • home group leader
  • home group co-parent
  • serve as usher
  • serve as communion steward
  • college outreach
  • serve in nursery
  • supermarket outreach
  • teach Children's Sunday School
  • teach Adult Sunday School
  • lead Wednesday prayer meeting
  • lead morning TWA
  • run AV during worship
  • lead worship 
  • serve on worship team
  • translate sermon on stage from English to Chinese
  • translate sermon on stage from Chinese to English
  • translate sermon over headsets
  • translate on stage for Mission Conference
  • lead people to Jesus
  • attend church retreat
  • lead and organize church retreats
  • serve as 團長
  • serve as MA
  • MC just about every major and minor event
  • move chairs and vacuum sanctuary / 擔擔抬抬
  • cooked and cleaned  
I've been Mary.  I've been Martha.  Not waiting in line to be Lazarus... 

I think the only major item I haven't checked off is serve in Youth Ministry.  Not sure why that's been so elusive.  And never gone on a Short Term Mission.  Hrmm... 

But after 20 years... after my last turn banging on the drums... it's official.  We're moving from CS and over to NV.  It's not like we're leaving SJCAC... at least I don't feel that way.  Still Christ's church.  Still Christ's family.  And then the obvious.... 

No comments: