Saturday, September 03, 2005

捕風

The last couple of days TWA time has been quite enjoyable. I can't even pronounce the name of the book I'm reading: Ec·cle·si·as·tes. Heh...

Dictionary.com defines this as "Old Testament book consisting of reflections on the vanity of human life; is traditionally attributed to Solomon but probably was written about 250 BC."

This was written over 2000 years ago, so why does it still touch a sore spot with every verse I read? I only wish I'd read this a couple of years ago when I was going through my quarter-life crisis. "MEANINGLESS!! MEANINGLESS!!" In fact, I think this should be a pre-requisite to studying Purpose Driven Life. It really sets the tone of many people's mindframe regardless of which stage of life they're in. They can be recent college grads seeking out a career. They can be career oriented professionals feeling they're stuck in a rut. They can be retired naval officers without a purpose or meaning to their life now they're service is no longer needed.

So am I living my life to chase after the wind?

No comments: