Monday, September 12, 2005

T-minus 6 days

Saturday night, I had my proverbial Bachelor's Party. I've always preferred to be out of the spotlight and didn't even want a party in my honor. A dinner with some friends would've been the way to go. But whatever...we had dinner at Vics Stewart in Walnut Creek - the steakhouse I've been dying to go to for over a year now. Since it was my last weekend in bachelorhood, I thought I'd go a little over the edge. So the guys bought me a 49oz bone-in porterhouse. Finish it I get my name engraved on the wall and officially become a member of the 49er club.
I must admit...I cheated a little. I handed off a piece or two to my friend....but I could've finished it without their help, I think. Meat was oozing out of every hole of my body by the time I was 70% done. Used all my might to keep the food from regurgitating.








It wasn't till we got back to Dave & Busters that I felt better. The guys bought me 4 rounds of drinks and I guess thanks to the 3 lbs of beef, I didn't even get a buzz. A bunch of the boys were disappointed we weren't going to have some naughty fun.

"But it's your bachelor's party!!"

"We won't tell Joyce."

"Dude....this is why we're taking you out."

I heard it all. Ah well... whoever said a bachelor's party needs to be naughty?

6 more days. Joyce and I just hammered out the seating charts and seating arrangements. We're getting so much help that we're overwhelmed, almost to tears, by everyone's kindness and eagerness. We didn't even had to ask for help really...everyone basically stepped up knowing we'll need all the help we can get. Only problem is...we have no clue on how to ever thank everyone enough. Fruit basket? Dozen roses? Or maybe a bunch of IOU's - whenever you need help, just gimme a call.

T-minus 6 days... and the one thing I'm stressing over right now isn't my wedding, but the fact that the Giants are 7 games back with 20 games left to play.

No comments: