Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 Year in Review

The final day of the first decade of the second millenium... last year, I did a Decade in Review, top 10 and bottom 10.  This year, I think I'll just do a Top 10 of 10.  Without further ado... in reverse order.

10.  Introduction to TORTURE - Nui-nui's first baseball game and it happens to be Game 4 of the NLCS.  As epic as a playoff baseball game can be.  To summarize the final play.... "Fly ball (ROOOOOOAR!) Huff tags, runs... slides (ROOOOOOAR!)" 

9.  LOST - Never have Joyce and I been so captivated by a TV series that we would bust out our VCR and record shows!   

8. My name is Sailor Hank!! - VBS always gives me the chance to be a celebrity for a month - even though the fans are not older than 10.  But the special moment from this year was Joyce breaking through her normal self and joining me on-stage as Olive Oil to my Sailor Hank. 

7. Step by Step - My goal to run a half-marathon by 30 was off by a bit... but nonetheless, a lifetime milestone, nay... 13.1 milestone was reached.  And in the end... it was just another run in park. 

6. 我們愛, 讓自己不一樣, 讓世界不一樣 - Friday night, we send Heart of Christ an email telling them we'll be joining them.  Saturday morning, we find out we've been selected to start a new Young Couples' Fellowship.  Oops!  

5. The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away - Ironically... two of our closest friends announced to us they were pregnant on two different nights that the Giants lose in the postseason! Thereby, cushioning my anger and sadness.  PTL!!

4. When two become one... - Not a day goes by that we don't argue how we would re-do our wedding if we had a chance.  I want a luau.  She wants to have it in a hotel.  But the thing we can't not agree on (sorry for the double negative) is spending the rest of our lives together. 5 years down... a lifetime to go.  And on this date.. I proudly restate my vows....

"In the name of God, I, Henry, take you, Joyce, to be my wife,
to have and to hold from this day forward,
for better or worse, for richer or poorer,
in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish,
until we are parted by death.
This is my solemn vow."

3. There's a 1st for everything - There were a lot of firsts for Nui-nui this year.  This culminates them all.  First step, first sentence, first timeout... but none more memorable than having a friggin' BBQ on the hottest day of the year in a house that does NOT have air conditioning!! HA! Nonetheless, the Teddy Bear party was successful and both Joyce and I survived that day in one piece.

2. I can die in peace - Where were you on the night of November 1, 2010? I will never forget.... one of my great fear of dying without seeing a Giants World Series is finally put to rest.  Brian Wilson....Fear the Beard...throwing the high fastball - strike three.  And all those years of agony...all the ghosts that have built up... all the sorrow that have been ignored... relinquished once and for all.  (Do I really pick the Giants winning the WS over my daughter's 1st bday...? HECK YEAH!!!!)

1. The announcement heard around the world - On an unassuming morning in August... Joyce wakes me up.  I annoyingly tell her it's her turn to feed Nui-nui breakfast.  And her response was... "老公, I'm pregnant." 

And those are my 2010 best.... moments in time.....

No comments: