Saturday, July 14, 2018

One Mountain Higher Than Another Mountain

For the past 4 years... we've been going to our local San Jose City Public Library.  I love it.  The books are great.  The collection is great.  It's somewhat clean.  And other than the occasional late fees... it's FREE!!!

The San Jose library is much better than the San Francisco Public Library I grew up with.  And when I went to Martin Luther King Jr. Library at San Jose State... I thought I was in heaven!!

But little did I know what heaven truly is like until I got to the Los Altos Library.... which is part of the Santa Clara County Library.  Wow.... the collections... are 10x better than San Jose.  The graphic novels (or comics, as we called them) are 10x more complete.  And when we visited the Campbell Library (also part of the Santa Clara County branch), they even had a "Where's Waldo" game where kids go to all the County Libraries to find Waldo.... which gets re-hidden each Monday.  I look at their bulletin boards and ALL there events are full!!  Toddler events... kid events... young adult events. 

Truly is... 一山還有一山高!  I guess that's the difference between Municipal Funding vs. County Funding.

No comments: