Sunday, April 14, 2019

Beautiful, Very Beautiful...

Beautiful is when the entire congregation responds to an altar call... and the 90+ year old ladies stand up in solidarity as a symbol of respond.

Very Beautiful... is during Communion today. I am a Communion steward and I can see 90% of the congregation - those who are praying, those who are yawning and those who are crying out tears of anguish, reconciliation and / or joy.  And my wife happens to stand next to one of those breaking down physically and emotionally... and she extends an arm of support and draws that sister in for a hug.  My wife... the one who several years ago... wore an emotional cast that prevented her from showing that sign of sympathy.  

Very Beautiful... is my wife willing to hold a fellow sister's hand, to show that she will be there for her, to pray, to intercede, to provide a shoulder to cry on.  Very Beautiful... is the woman..... named..... Joyce. 

Mood: deeply, deeply moved

No comments: