Thursday, June 20, 2019

I'm a cowboy...

...on a Steel Horse I ride.

Of all the English songs/bands/music I listen to... nothing has impacted me more than the music of Bon Jovi.  I think it was 3rd grade when I started listening to it.... and tonight.... Big Bro and I brought our respective fams to watch a cover band.  Hit after hit.  Classic after classic.  The songs hit home so much... that even Clark was dancing to "Livin' on a Prayer."  That even Nui-nui was mouthing off "It's My Life."  That even Joyce was singing along with "Born to Be My Baby."  And of course... my song.... "I'll Be There For You."  The song that sat at the top of my personal charts for over 52 weeks (52 months? 52 years??)

If I ever were to play baseball... and if I ever had to choose a walk-up music... hands down... it'll be Casting Crowns and Hillsong United. Then for my final at-bat.... Bon Jovi.

No comments: