Thursday, March 17, 2022

Selfish Desires

Snuck out early to pick up NN from volleyball practice and woe is me... watching them play.. my muscles and cells started twitching.  Ohhhh how I wanted in on some action.  Been so long since I've played.  I sorta kinda regret not volunteering to coach again.  Especially after finding out that there were too many players and not enough teams - which resulted in some of the girls being cut from a supposedly no cut situation.  

Got home and with Daylight Savings with the light out... NN asked if we can pepper a little.  "HECK YEAH!!", I said.  Ended up spending 45 minutes in the driveway working on some basics and fundamentals.  We used a speed bump as the net and I started drilling her.  Positioning. Using her legs. Move smart, not fast.  And lastly.... keep the ball off the net.  

I actually amazed myself with how accurate I still set.  Whether there was a net or not... in whatever position I'm in... my sets always ended up in the same spots.  Heh... you can take the man out of volleyball, but you can't take volleyball out of the man. 

No comments: