Saturday, September 10, 2022

Cast List

Two long days of waiting... and this morning while we were waiting to pick up the kids from Chinese school... Joyce texts me, "Cast List out!" 

I quickly checked my email... clicked the link to Cast List... and looked for NN's name.  Right there... in the middle of the page... "NN Leung - Marian Paroo." Was this the role she wanted??? I don't remember. 

So I quickly started searching for the audition sides (the dialogue they read during auditions) to see it'll trigger my memory when I see NN come out from her class.  I played it off.  We promised NN we wouldn't read the cast list without her... or more accurately... we wouldn't spoil her moment of self discovery.  

Joyce then approached us... and announced that the Cast List is out.  She handed NN her phone and that's when she screamed. "I got it! I got the lead!" 

We were so happy.  SW gave NN a big hug.  The Monkeys had smiles from ear to ear.  And none of that compared to the glow on NN's face.  She did it.  From secondary character in 6th grade... to ensemble in 7th... to female lead.  I couldn't be any prouder. 

No comments: