Sunday, August 21, 2005

The Day After...

I was sitting on the operating table waiting for Dr. Bindi to come in and perform Microkeratome, the process of using a blade to make an incision on the protective covering of my eye. My eyes are dilated, it's blurry and all I could is listen. Fromt he murmurs of everyone, I can hear, "He needs Interlase."

D'oh!! Interlase is similar to Microkertaome except it's done with a laser instead of a blade. Interlase is, of course, more precise (or accurate) - which means it costs more. Being on a little budget, I initially decided to go cheap. Thinking - bah...it can't be THAT big of a difference. But as God wants it...he wants me to spend the few extra benjamins and get the best treatment.

The entire "procedure" lasted a total of 10 minutes. Much longer than anyone else's treatment. Maybe it's because there was a long line. Or maybe, my eyes were oh-so bad that it takes a bit longer. I remember Joycie's procedure being only a minute for both eyes.

People usually go home after the procedure to rest or sleep. Being the stubborn...or principled person that I am, I decided to head over to class. My prof was going to cancel class next week, so we had a makeup class from 530 to 730. I couldn't see diddly-squat in class...but was able to listen and take notes blindly. Joyce wasn't too happy...she thought I oughta go home and rest. I sorta rested...dozed off in class here and there. After class, she wanted me to go home and rest. I wanted to head over to Jackson's place.

As it turned out, the Louie's and Hsu's prepared a night just to spend time with us. Thanks Becca for being accomodating. They were all a little surprised I went to class, and showed up for our gathering. I wasn't feeling the least bit tired...in fact, I was hoping they could pray for my physically healing.

In the end, Vivien kicked me out and sent me home to rest hahahahah...

The nurse says my vision is 20/20 and 20/25. In time, the blurriness and halos should go away. I'm anticipating for that day like a child anticipates x'mas morning. Until then..
Thank you Father for providing me financially for this operation. Thank you Father for giving me such a wonderful family to support me in each and everyway. You are so amazing!! In you, I have nothing to fear. In you, I have no need to hide.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Happy Birthday!!! New vision and new life waiting for you :) Bless u the fullness from the Heaven!!