Saturday, December 01, 2018

Betrayal of Trust

I was home alone with SW and while working in the garage, I started wondering where he went. The house was eerily quiet and the door to my room was closed. (Strange). And when I opened it, I see SW playing Gods of Olympus on my phone. He realizes I caught him and he quickly shuts it off. CAUGHT RED HANDED!!!!

He knows there’s no screen time on weekdays. And he knows that even on weekends he must ask for permission. He knowingly disobeyed. Snuck behind my back to do what he wants to do.

(How did I react?! What did I do?? Did I rip a new one into him?! Would it have helped??!)

This is.... inevitable. It’s human nature to break the rules. Human nature to let your own desires overcome authority. Today... it’s an innocent game on my phone. One day.. it could be inappropriate material on line... weed... or walk in on him and a girl. The possibilities are endless...but just sticking to the facts. Today marks the first day he betrayed my trust to THIS extent. My baby is growing up in front of my eyes... and I wanted to gouge my eyes out, rather than see what I saw today.

Mood: hurt masked by anger

(No... did not rip him a new one. Thanks to a {special someone}, I dealt with this somewhat calmly. Ended up have him copy 主禱文 three times. Argh....)

No comments: