Friday, June 04, 2021

For the sake of change...

 COVID19 - School Closure - Day 157 School Reopens - Day 264

Back in the late 90s... when Tiger roared to a Masters win by 12 strokes, he shocked the golf world by changing his swing.  Then after a year of suffering... he went on a tear again... including the Tiger Slam - 4 majors in a calendar year (not a PGA season).  Right after that... he changed his swing again.  Many attribute that two years stint as wrecking his chance of Nicklaus' 18 or Snead's 82.  But regardless... his dominance can only be mirrored by the likes of Ali in the 60's... Russell in the 70's... Hogan in the 80's and Jordan in the 90's.  

Many years ago... I too made a change when I switched to using the mouse with my left hand.  And yesterday... after over 30+ years of basketball... I decided to change my shot.  It's not that I was bad... but I wanted to get better.  And with the recent dawn of Klay.. and Steph and Dame... and the long game... I needed to get away from the Jordan / Kobe step back, jack and launch.  Rather... needed to create that smooth uppercut one fell swoop motion that creates a rainbow tear drop swoosh everytime I'm on target.

Ohhhh it was bad.  Air ball after air ball.  But the times it did go in... the swoosh was as pleasant as a baby's sneeze.   This is just hoops... it's a game.  But in life and in relationships... there also needs to be a change. 

No comments: