Thursday, December 16, 2021

A little goes a long way...

Earlier tonight... I was at Costco doing some extra holiday shopping and I was in "one of those moods."  No... not one of THOSE moods. But one of THOSE moods.

I walked up the ramp and saw a Costco worker in a yellow vest pushing carts.  I went over and said, "Hey! You're doing an awesome job. Keep up the good work.  Merry Christmas."  

Then as I grabbed my cart... I saw a dad holding a baby in his hand.  I handed him my cart.  But my cart was full of garbage.  So I rolled it away and grabbed another one for him.  He stared at me wondering what I was doing.  "It's yours!"  "Thanks." "Merry Christmas!" "Merry Christmas."

Walk into Costco...flashed my card to the door checker. "Merry Christmas!!"  (wave.)

It was a quick stroll through the aisles. The checkout line was expedient. Separated by a foggy plexi-glass, I screamed, "Thank you! Merry Christmas!"

Walking through the receipt checker... I come across a young lady wearing a sweatshirt that read "Kirkland."  "I love your sweater! Where'd you get it?" "Here...but it's sold out." "Ok... thanks.  And Merry Christmas!!"  "Merry Christmas to you too, sir."  

If I wasn't wearing a mask...they woulda seen my genuine smile.  Hopefully.. my voice was able to carry that inaudible smile. Sometimes... all it takes are too simple words... and a little, goes a long way. 

No comments: