Monday, December 05, 2022

有朋自遠方來

Nita and Brandon came to visit... and we scoped out the entire day to spend with them.

It started with driving out to the city on an early, rainy, Saturday morning.  We walked and got some mediocre coffee and overrated pastry.  Then we headed to Koi Palace... which was amazingly not-packed.  Then we headed to Serramonte to relive our childhoods. So many memories... so many moment in times.  This was the place Joyce and I had, arguably, our first date. 

I still remember that Christmas of 1998... when I summoned her to take me shopping for our church Christmas party.  We ended up buying a Winnie the Pooh stuffed animal which... miraculously... was raffled off to a young child. 

We then relived our child hood footsteps and walked through the malls of Serrmamonte and Stonestown.  Jeff spent about 2 hours shopping for shirts and sweaters.  Nita played her role of the overbearing mother... while Brandon and I screwed around and tried on everything and anything to kill time. 

The weather did NOT cooperate.  It was rainy and wet... but inside... we were dry and high.  I had so much freedom to pour out my life... my joys and miseries... which I can only do to {{someone}}. After my much needed therapy session.. .we found ourselves at PPQ Dungenous Island feasting on garlic crab and garlic noodles.  Yes... it was too much food.  But we killed it.  Yes... it was too pricey... but how often do you hang out with best friends.  Yes... it was bad for my cholesterol... but there's always tomorrow to start eating oatmeal and exercise. 

We ended up back at Jeff's house where we were flipping through VOD shows.... and it got so late... I had to say, "Ok... I gotta go." Only for Nita to say, "Oh good... I was gonna say something soon." In my head... "Why didn't you say something!?!?!?"  Probably exactly what she was thinking.

In a way... we didn't want the night to end.  But at the same time... we're old.  We need to hit the hay.  Which is exactly what I'm gonna do now. 

No comments: