Thursday, July 25, 2019

I am, another he

As if it was yesterday... I vividly remember that time when our family went on an outing many many years ago.  We ended the night looking for food (dinner).  Walking up a city block, we see a donut shop from afar.  That's all I wanted... a donut.  Something sweet.  Something unhealthy.  Something temporarily filling.  To my dismay and disappointment, my dad found a Chinese restaurant across the street.... and we had a traditional Chinese dinner.  My dad... the one who must eat Chinese in order for it to be considered a meal.

Fast forward 30+ years.... on my business trip.

Day 1 - I go to a Chinese restaurant and order 2 lobsters with white rice.
Day 2 - on my way out of Denver to Huntsville at the airport... I coulda had anything for dinner.. but I picked Orange Chicken with rice.
Day 4 - on my way home from New Orleans... I picked an Asian fast food place and ordered fried rice with orange chicken and broccoli beef.

In those moments in time... I only wanted Chinese food.  At those moments in time... I find that I am he.

No comments: