Friday, July 26, 2019

On the Go!! Pokemon Go!

Kids didn't have camp today... so I ended up getting both of them for a day.  The day started out slow... I logged in to polish off some lingering emails.  Gave the kids a break and let them get some iPad and Netflix time in.  Then we headed off to shoot some hoops.  One wanted to walk.  One wanted to bike.  One wanted to drive.  That was me... I lost.  We ended up biking to a local playground... while I followed along on a scooter with the basketball in a bag around my shoulder.  They're too fast now... I can't keep up.  It was fun getting there! It was fun shooting hoops.  It was fun watching them try to "Beat that Wall!!"  (SW still can't do it... shucks).  Then it was time to head home... and boy did they not like the trek. HA!!  Told ya we shoulda driven!!!

We get home... headed over to get some ramen... then I was out of ideas.  What to do now???  Lo and behold... SW sees that I downloaded Pokemon Go!  I installed a couple months ago when he started to get into Pokemon, but I've never played it myself.  Course, with one phone, they'll never learn to share.  Ended up spoiling them.. and installed it on my other phone.  So now... both kids are at the park... running around outside, getting some fresh air and sunlight, much needed Vitamin D, while looking down at a screen.

Me?? I didn't have a phone to play with... I ended up having to look around and observe/enjoy nature while singing to myself.  How absurd!!!  Sigh... to be without a phone.  HA!

No comments: