Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Animal Crossing

COVID-19 - School Closure - Day 98

So Nintendo has this game that's apparently taking the world by storm.  We finally bit the bullet and bought a Nintendo Switch... and along with it, got Animal Crossing.  Not much of a gamer myself... but just hearing all the hoopla has perked my interest.  After waiting forever (and a day) for the game to arrive... the game was exceptionally mediocre at best.  

Lots of reading (Nintendo style).  No action.  Lots of business and all for what???  You're building stuff.  Planting stuff.  Pulling weed.  Donating things.  Selling things.  Finding things.  What's the point?  To some... it's completely pointless.  And to the rest of the world... that's exactly what we need... mindless entertainment that can keep us distracted from all the craziness around us.  

We initially thought SW will be all over this game.  Turns out NN is the one fighting for screen time.  The only reason I got excited is cuz Geoff and Nita are on the game and we can find another way to connect.  Along with Brandon, we finally figured out how they can come over to our island tonight.  And boy was it fun... not just for me, but the family.  Huda thunk that my kids, over the phone and the internet, will be hanging out with my two best friends?  They were joking.  Laughing.  Giggling.  Even Joyce was enjoying it.  

At one point... Joyce looked at me and mouthed the words, "We need to get a second switch" cuz there's just too much infighting and bickering.  I actually enjoyed it.  This game console has forced our family to come together in newfound ways.  I'm not a fan of the game.  But I'm the #1 fan when it comes to family fun time.  

No comments: