Monday, June 15, 2020

For the first time in forever...

COVID-19 - School Closure - Day 90

We're hosting a teacher during the summer. As awkward as it was... we got through the intial orientation and I was able to take her out to lunch... at a restaurant... outdoors.  Took the teacher to DishDash - staple in Sunnyvale... and it was weird.  

The place is set up very nicely for SIP dining.  The utensils, napkin and menu came in a ziplock bag. You can order on your phone by scanning a QR code.  And paying the bill can be done with a remote bill pay (covered in Saran Wrap).


The food was amazing.  The service was exceptional.  The company... long lost and missed.  We initially had masks on... then slowly... removed it to sip water.  And eventually... we took it off for the ease of conversation.  She sat at one corner and I sat at the other.  At one point... I saw myself spit in her direction while talking (oops!).  The last meal I had prior to SIP that was eating out....?? I don't even remember. Was it sushi with the kids during their Winter Break??  For the first time in forever... we were able to eat out.  

No comments: