Sunday, May 29, 2022

Shaws-HANK 2022 - Day 5

“Zihuatanejo. It’s a little place in Mexico on the Pacific Ocean. Do you know what the Mexicans say about the Pacific? They say it has no memory. That’s where I want to live the rest of my life — a warm place with no memory.”

Day 5 of Quaratine.... It's like I'm in trapped in a heinous experiment... where some scientist is observing me and measuring my level of joy by turning on that light at the end of the tunnel... then shutting it off.  On.  Then off.  On.  Off. 

The Giants game started at 8:35AM PDT.... a day game in the East Coast.. sunrise game for us. Had you slept in... you woulda woken up to a no-hitter through 5.  After the game ended... after ended up streaming Sunday Service... I was stuck with the rest of the day with nothing to do.  So I jokingly... (unjokingly) try to test my memory by memorizing the Greek alphabets.

15 minutes.  It took me a whole 15 minutes to do it. COVID fog? Old age?  But I did it....

Then... for whatever reason... patriotism... memorial day... I felt like memorizing the New Colossus, the poem on the dedicated to the Statue of Liberty.   24 hours later.... I still don't have it.  Is that where I'm headed? Or am I at my destination... a place where I now have no memory.

 

No comments: