Wednesday, May 30, 2018

失而復得

Oh.... the past couple of months have been agonizing.  My smartphone charger was starting to go bonkers.  There were only 1-2 power cords that would charge it... and when it charged, I had to hold onto it in a certain angle or bump it against something hard.  When all hope was nearly lost... and I was willing to either upgrade my phone... or have the phone opened up and charger replaced... I did a little youtube DIY snooping.  And lo and behold here was the fix. 

Take a friggin sharp tip, like a paper clip or thumbtack.  And dig all the lint out of the hole.  That's it. 

I dug and dug... at first, only a few threads came out and I thought it was hopeless.  Then after some more digging, I realized that the 1-2 cords that use to minimally work, didn't even fit anymore!

Then some more digging and digging...and eventually.... WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  The biggest lint ball outside of a cat spitting up everything it's shedded the past week! 

It felt.... cathartic.  A release.  A cleansing.  Kinda like... (so I've heard) when you check your belly button and start seeing things in there.  Then you start cleaning it...and cleaning it... and before long... Oh man.... you should've gotten fined by the Environmental Protection Agency.

After the ball comes out... I slip the charger in.  AHhhhhhhh.... fits like a glove. 

No comments: