Monday, April 12, 2021

Empty Nest

COVID19 - School Closure - Day 157 School Reopens - Day 208

Today officially marks the day that both kids returned to school in-person.  It was so sad to kiss them goodbye and see them off.  I knew I would miss the constant interruptions and the noise.  But I didn't realize it'll hit me this hard.... for the first time in forever... I had the house to myself since Joyce had to go into work today.  I was so despondent... I started cleaning the house... I even... dare I say... ironed my clothes.  Clothes that literally sat there for over a year since I haven't had a need to wear them.  Yes... ironing.  The chore above all chores.  I resorted to that to distract myself.  What will life be like when they go off to college?? 嗚.... 嗚.....

Haiku
Everyone is gone
House is empty and quiet
Empty Nest begins


No comments: