Tuesday, April 20, 2021

FOMO

 COVID19 - School Closure - Day 157 School Reopens - Day 216

In this day and age... when slang, euphemisms and trends go by faster than... well... the latest trend, euphemism and slang... it's easy to miss out on what the younger generation are saying. Worst yet... there's the fear of not understanding them... the fear of not communicating with them... and the fear of missing out (FOMO).

As I'm authoring the next issue of a company newsletter... I took it upon myself to get extra and on fleek.  I wanted this article to slay... and be straight fire. I highkey wait for the response I'll get... at the very least... I can stay mittens. 

Heh... I started talking like that during dinner and it made NN cringe.  Partially... cuz she says, "When a parent starts saying it, it's no longer lit." Partially... cuz she's jealous that her old man is snatched.  What bothers me the most... is the fact that the terms they think are trendy and all that... were terms we used in the 90's!! This generation... Gen Z, perhaps.. are nothing but a bunch of copy cats!! Big yikes!!

Haiku
Words are not just words
They take on a new meaning
I am old, but dope. 

No comments: