Wednesday, May 22, 2019

#LikeAGirl

In 2014, Always put together a Super Bowl commercial that tugs at my heart and opens the water works every time I watch it.  I admit.. I'm guilty of judging, prescribing and even cursing my very own daughter of what she does.



Today... we came home early.. and went outside to play some baseball.  I played outfield (so I don't have to run up half the city block to pick up the ball), while Nn pitched to SW... throwing the ball each and every way, but down the middle.

Behind him. Way out in front of him. Sailing over his head. Bouncing it 5 feet in front of him.  I've spent time teaching NN and SW how to throw.  "Don't throw from your elbow! That's throwing like a girl!" I would say.  And while it's somewhat true...  that girls prefer to throw from their elbows instead of their shoulders, I see boys (and men) do the same.

So I'm relentless.  I make her throw me 15-20 pitches.  Not accepting how she's throwing.  My daughter deserves a redo.  Even though she could possibly be mocked the rest of her life, I will do my part to ensure that if she does get mocked, she will go down fighting, #LikeAGirl.

I love my 囡囡豬.

Dinner Menu: Curry Tonkatsu over rice,  咖喱雜丸, 油菜苗


No comments: