Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Roe v. Wade

Abortion is one of those topics that goes undiscussed unless you are in a very very very very very safe environment.

I first learned about abortion in 5th grade... when Sr. Celine showed us pictures of baby body parts.  Needless to say, she scared the beejeezus out of me where I was anti-abortion as you can get.

Sometime in high school... when having lunch with dad, he disclosed a family secret that runs deep.

In college, English 114, wrote an argumentative paper on abortion, writing a letter to a congress(wo)man urging them on THIS or THAT.

A few years ago... I "taught" a Social Injustice class at church on the topic of Abortion to a group of church leaders.

Today... in a little town in the deep southern state of Alabama, lawmakers signed into law banning abortion.  With the current Supreme Court... will I really live to see the overturn of Roe V. Wade???

Sr. Celine... I think you owe me an apology.

Mood: flabbergasted




No comments: