Monday, September 14, 2020

A wee bit jealous...

COVID-19 - School Closure - Day 157  School Reopens - Day 21

Heritage's waiver was approved so teachers are spending this week prepping the class. As such... they're assigning work to the students and relying on parents to monitor the kids' progress.  In other words... it's home schooling.  I walked into the dining room during one of my breaks and saw Joyce reading the bible with SW... alternating verses.  For one, it's devotion time.  For another, SW mumbles, talks too soft and rambles too fast, so we've been trying to have him articulate slowly.

A sudden surge of jealously overtook me.  5, 10, 15 years from now... SW will look back (or not) and have this unspeakable bond with momma.  These little moments in time are the building blocks of a rock solid relationship.  Why can't I have that with my son....




No comments: