Thursday, June 16, 2022

This moment in time...

Game 6 of the NBA finals... and we did it.  We closed it out. (Yes, we). One of my direct reports said he's not going to eat pizza... cuz every time he does, we lose.  We were up by 12 in the final minute... and I was still nervous.  Boston put in their bench guys to give them a "Finals experience" and I was still nervous. And now... I'm planning on the parade with dad... WITH DAD!!!!

I think: this is one of the happiest moments of my life cuz the kids were also present and cognizant
I know: this lightning in a bottle may never happen again
I want: a Super Bowl more than a NBA Championship
I have: this thing stuck in my teeth, but I can't get it out
I wish: the Warriors could've closed it out at home
I hate: that the Giants and Warriors have won... but not the Niner
I miss: the days of MCC
I fear: that this will be the last one for a looooooooong time
I hear: Bill Simmons on the BS Podcast
I wonder: if we can keep this dynasty going
I regret: not going to a game with Dad this year
I love: the fact that NN understands what's going on in a game
I ache: on my shoulders cuz of the sunburn from last Friday
I care: that sports is so meaningful to my family
I always: use sports analogies at work
I am not: a good loser
I dance: because my daughter is an amazing dancer
I sing: Perfect by Ed Sheeran
I cry: when I watch Chicago Med
I do not always: treat {{someone}} the way they oughta be treated
I fight: to keep my managers interested and connected
I write: because I was once complimented to be one that "paints with words"
I win: when the Warriors win!!!!
I lose: when the Niners lose
I confuse: red from green cuz I'm color blind
I listen: to the voice of the Holy Spirit
I can usually be found: smiling
I need: a promotion
I am happy about: playing basketball with my kids after work
I should: get my PhD while my parents are still around

No comments: