Sunday, June 12, 2022

Getting back to normal...

 Been two days since I've tested negative.  

Immediately... on Friday.. I took the kids to the beach.  We had a wonderful lunch at Rock Bottom brewery.. followed by 1.5 hr of traffic before ending up at Rio Del Mar beach in Capitola. SW and NN had a wonderful time.  Ironically... of all the coastal beaches... of all the spots at Del Mar... we camped out next to Royce without any pre-planning.  Go figure.

Then on Saturday... we headed out to get some Hong Kong Style Cafe for lunch.  Followed by a shopping/reading stint at Target.  Before coming home and DLC-ing for the rest of the day.

On Sunday... I found every excuse to not go to church, which was met with welcoming hands and applauds from the family.  But when I tried to snake my way out of a family gathering... it was met with resistance.  Ended up spending my nephew's 9th bday with the in-laws. Grace planned for us to sneak out for 1.5 hour to pick up dinner and grab a drink at Lazy Dog.  Haven't felt so free in a long time. 

Warriors won game 4 on Friday. Giants swept the hated Dodgers over the weekend. I led TWA with some of our older population on Sunday.  And on Sunday night... I'm balling my eyes out over another episode (or three) of Chicago Med. 

Yeah.. life is finally getting back to normal. 

No comments: