Saturday, June 04, 2022

Zihuatanejo - Day 11

"All I want is to be back where things make sense. Where I won’t have to be afraid all the time. Only one thing stops me: a promise I made to Andy.”
Day 11 - or is it Day 10.  

Whatever.  It's the day that, per the CDC, I can break from quarantine and escape isolation.  Why?? Why do anything?? Why not hide in my cave... my cell.. my prison? Warm meals are served 3x a day. I get coffee in the morning and tea in the evening. I now can take a stroll up and down the stairs (with a mask on, mind you) and be with the family.

What is it... that the first thing I do this Saturday morning... is drive 20 minutes to someone's house, to help her fix her iPad and fill out a bunch of low-income housing forms?

Then after lunch and some Mario-Kart... from 2PM - 7PM sharp... I gutted and sweated under the sun.  Lifting. Carrying. Setting up A/V. Directing traffic.  Taking control of the carnival games. Then breaking down everything I set up. More lifting. More carrying.  To a point... where my muscles were screaming, "Take a damn break!!  You just recovered."  And to which I slapped back, "Shaddup...."

Why not ease back into society? Why?  Cuz I made a promise.  I promised 小嫻 I would. I promised 大家姐 I would.  

No comments: