Wednesday, March 18, 2020

H.I.I.T.

COVID-19 - School Closure - Day 6

Developed a schedule today to better help the kids and us... to partition our day so there aren't times when they come in and out looking for things to do.  Part of the schedule was a time slot for P.E., thinking that on top of just walking around the neighborhood after lunch, that we can actually get some physical activities in.  I had no idea what I was getting myself into.

Ended backing the car out of the garage... and without any prep or any forethought... I engaged the kids in 30 minutes worth of HIIT or High Intensity Interval Training.  I hadn't done this for about 1-2 years now... where you work really hard for a minute... take a short 10 sec break... then work really hard again.  You go from exercise to exercise, working a different muscle group with very short breaks in between.

They're 10 and 8.  They play every day.  They should be flexible and strong and ready for the challenge.  Me on the other hand... I was dying.  What was I thinking?!?!??

In so much pain right now... gonna pay for it tomorrow.  It's surreal. This is surreal.

No comments: