Friday, March 22, 2019

Cravings...

To crave for something... to want something... to think about that thing night and day, day and night, with no satisfaction ahead of you??

One week ago... on my flight back from NOLA... the flight attendant was having buffalo wings for dinner.  I smelled it all the way from my seat... and verified it when I made an excuse to go wash my hands.  The spiciness, the tanginess, the mouth-watering crunchiness took residence in my hippo-campus where I could not take my mind off of it.  When I closed my eyes... I saw the orangy wonderment.  Even in my dreams... I dreamnt of a plate full of the godliness served in front of me over an ice cold beer.

After a week of torture... I finally found peace in a bag of frozen wings.  I stopped by Lucky's on my way home, paid $10 for a dozen frozen wings... and tried (feebly) to fill that void of desperate desire.  I could have nuked it... but opted for the eonic heat from the oven... hoping for the sweet crunch of cripsy skin; followed by the squirt of chicken juice, smothered by the concoction of Tabasco, pepper and the scientific colloidal paste...

What I got instead... was a mushy, drippy, saturated piece of tissue that was nothing more than an orange mess.  Whatever the flight attendant was having... I was having the 180, entirely opposite of it.  And the price to pay for the spiciness... today, I was dealing with an upset stomach the entire day.  What.... a.... croc.  But all worth it... in the name of satisfying a craving.  Oy....

The other craving I had... last night, I was someone have a pina coloada.  I was craving for a pineapple smoothie the entire night.  Stopped by Lucky's on the way to work to pick up an Odwalla... and saw Jamba Juice opened at 7AM!!!  And there it was... a healthy version of satisfying my craving.

Now... what if that craving wasn't a chicken wing or juice drink... but rather... a {cocktail bun?}  How far would I go to satisfy THAT craving?

Mood: satisfied (with a bit of pain)


No comments: