Tuesday, March 05, 2019

A dash of creative freedom...

Was reading NN her bedtime story earlier this evening.  The female protagonist argues with her parents about pursuing a career in fine arts.  She makes a very convincing argument... at which point, I felt empowered, if not responsible, to maybe take some creative freedom and perhaps edit the story just a wee bit.

So instead of the girl continuing to argue.... and eventually win the argument of pursuing her dream and passion... I enhanced the story to have the character say, "Yes mom and dad.  You're right.  I need to be practical of what I do for the rest of my life.  Art can be a hobby on the side."

Joyce walks by and gives me a look.

Nui-nui then says, "That's not what the book says!! Bah-B, you're changing the words!!"

How did they know?!?!?!?

Mood: flabbergasted

No comments: