Monday, March 25, 2019

"For the first time in forever..."

Anna.... Elsa.....

Bubbly... Ice cold.... 

Big Bro.... Me..... 

Clark's bday... Coronation day... 

Big bro has always been an idealist... or an ideal pursuist. (one who pursues)  He loves the [idea of] a big family gathering for Christmas...where every one wears an ugly Christmas sweater, drinks egg nog, watches the log on a fire on KQED and sing carols.  He longs for the long white table where the head of the household carves the Thanksgiving turkey while everyone wears church clothes; girls with pony tails, boys with hair split in middle.  He throws a bday party on a Sunday afternoon, at Fisherman's Wharf, with mom and dad and 3 young kids.  He's "Anna."

I'm "Elsa." I show up. I eat. I have a good time.  I go home.  Maybe I'm jaded.  Maybe I've seen it too many times. Maybe... I'm just ice cold.

Can't fault Big Bro and Big So. They're noobs with kids' bday parties.  They'll learn.  Never do it in a tourist area.  Grab a bar table if it's available. Find a place where there's ample parking.  And don't... have guests drive 1.5 hrs after church to get there.  Man.... and to think, I made it there in record time.... 1 hour and 20 minutes.  Heh...

And oh..."for the first time in forever..." mom and dad sat at the same table and had a meal.  Go figure.  All it took was for their grandson to have his 3rd bday.  Go figure.   

Mood: "LET IT GOOOOOOOO.... LET IT GOOOOO....."

No comments: