Sunday, July 05, 2020

"Hello!" "Hello!"

COVID-19 - School Closure - Day 110    

Enduring hardships together.  Sharing a credit card or bank account.  Obviously being parents. But something that's overlooked when talking about a strong relationship is to be able to share a heavy dose of laughter.  Such was the case today... when I was once again VSA-ing for something to watch.  And on Hulu... I found one of my childhood faves - Perfect Strangers.

Perfect Strangers (TV Series 1986–1993) - IMDb

I started with the infamous episode where Larry has temporary amnesia and he has to meet Jennifer's mom for the first time.  And the scene where Anderson and I would repeat over and over again.  Strangely enough, Joyce never watched it while growing up in America.  And today... she finally got a dose of what got me through life for a good 4-5 years (6-7 years if you include syndication).  I was actually surprised that she was laughing so hard.... to a point where she's singing the theme song and now repeating those very sacred lines.  We ended up binging on the first season - with 7 more seasons to go.  Even the kids are into this mindless, family oriented comedy.  

"Hello!"
"Hello!"
"My name is Cousin Larry Appleton!"
"Hello! My name is Cousin Larry Appleton."
"How are you?"
"Fine." 

No comments: